Getra, in its Marcianise plant, is able to design, manufacture and test Shunt Reactors up to 420kV class and rated power of 100MVAr for single-phase units and 250MVAr for three-phase configurations.
The development of HV (high voltage) and UHV (ultra-high voltage) long-distance transmission networks, as well as underground cable lines, has resulted in an increase in capacitive reactive energy with a consequent undesirable increase in voltage, particularly in low-voltage conditions.
Shunt reactors are able to compensate for this capacitive load providing a solution to:
- Increase network stability
- Maintain an acceptable voltage level and within the limits compatible with network insulation
- Limit transient over voltages induced by switching operations
- Decrease line losses by capacitive current reduction
Technical features of the product
- Voltage: up to 420kV
- Power: up to 250MVAr
- Three-phase and single-phase units